The cathedral of Saint Peter and Donato is the main place of Catholic worship in the city of Arezzo. in the place where the city acropolis was originally built. The Cathedral of Arezzo is still titled in San Donato, and it has a valuable 14th-century marble arched arc on the main altar and an arch where the holy body is kept. The construction, which took place from 1278, has known different phases, which ended only in 1511. The facade was built in sandstone between 1901 and 1914 on the design of Dante Viviani, Neo-Gothic style, presents a rich sculptural decoration that was realized by Giuseppe Cassioli, Enrico Quattrini and Dante Viviani himself. The prospect is salient and follows the internal subdivision into three aisles. Below, the three doors open, each of which is stumped and decorated by a low-relief sculpted lunette; only the central portal has a ghost-bearer surmounted by three statues, each with its own canopy: above the redemptive Jesus and down San Donato and St. Peter. The right flank preserves the 14th-century structure characterized by a sandstone block, a clear line of demarcation between the new sandstone blocks of the twentieth century and the ancient ones of the 14th century. The terracotta bezel, dating back to 1330, depicts the Madonna and Child between two angels and St. Donato and Blessed Gregory X and is the work of Niccolò by Luca Spinelli. The current tower is hexagonal and is subdivided into four orders overlaid by cornices; while the lower one is free of openings, the two medians have on each side a high ogival halftone. The fourth order, along with the cusp, is the result of the completion of the bell tower, built in the twentieth century, and is decorated with streaked circular rosettes with elaborate stone plaques. The interior of the cathedral of the saints Peter and Donato is three naves, each of which is articulated in six rounds covered with cruise lines, and is devoid of transept; the three environments are divided between them by large, all-round arches, resting on polystyle pillars with sculpted capitals. The central nave is the work of Guillaume de Marcillat, 1518, illuminated by circular rosettes on the counter-wall and along the wall, and depicts Pentecost. With a diameter of 3.5 meters. In the depiction, you see the Apostles sitting in a circle with the center of the Madonna side by side with two angels, on top there is the dove of the Holy Spirit. Guillaume de Marcillat and Salvi Castellucci are also the frescoes that adorn the upper part of the walls of the central nave and the vaults of the latter. The central nave ends with a large polygonal abside, built in the 13th century. The central window depicts Mary Assuming in Heaven among Saints. In the center of the apse is the main altar, before 1289, decorated on three sides by six-pointed arches supported by columns. Behind him stands the Ark of St. Donato, an extraordinary marble work documented in 1362, but previously performed at different stages. It was realized in memory of Saint Donato bishop, martyr died in Arezzo in 363 and patron of the city. The body of San Donato is preserved in the arch of the aretina cathedral, while its head is preserved in the bust of the relics of the piers of Arezzo. The marble urn is supported by twelve pilasters ending in spades and Gothic pinnacles, to which Siena, Florentine and Venetian artists participated in the 14th century. The lower band is by Augustine of John and Agnolo di Ventura. while most of the upper section, with the great marble shingle, once painted, depicting in the center the Madonna with the Child, is by Giovanni di Francesco and Betto di Francesco, who worked there in the second half of the 14th century. The back of the ark, supported by six corinthian columns, is decorated with the Scenes of the Life of San Donato.