The church of Sant'Agostino church of Arezzo. The building was small and for this reason, in 1330, the work started for a new structure, with three aisles, which in 1341 turned out to be one of the largest in the city. The great legends of Mariotto of Cristoforo Cofani and of their children allowed, starting in 1491. In 1510 Martin Luther, still Augustinian monk, traditionally stopped in the arena cenobio during his trip to Rome. The Vasari tells us that between the end of the fourteenth century and the beginning of the sixteenth century the church was embellished by beautiful cycles of frescoes and paintings on the table, performed by imported artists such as Siena's Barna, Casacar Iacopo Parri di Spinello, Bartolomeo della Gatta's Taddeo di Bartolo and Luca Signorelli All these works disappeared between 1761 and 1766, when the sacred building underwent a huge overflow that halved its size and transformed it inside. The new rulings were those of the baroque and rococo, for this reason the Luganese Francis and Giuliano Rusca and the Varesino Carlo Speroni filled the church with splendid and opulent stucco. Cantoria (1765) on the counter is the highest time of that period. Outwardly they stood the fairy-faced stone face and the superb quadrangular bell tower, both of the fifteenth century. Compared to the original structure, the building was halved and completely restored between 1761 and 1766, on the design of the Ferrara, but of the oriunda family of Arezzo, Filippo Giustini. In the eighteenth-century reconstruction the façade has not undergone any alterations. Inside, where beautiful seventeenth-century canvases of Bernardino Santini, one of the best painters of the seventeenth century, who worked a great deal for this church were preserved, the cantoria of the counter-walled wall, also designed by Francesco Rusca, is impressive. To the left of the entrance is a wooden Crucifix on canvas with San Giovanni evangelista and San Francesco (1642) performed by Bernardino Santini. Among the most ancient works, a fresco with San Bernardino among the saints Girolamo and Ignazio d'Antiochia, a local author inspired by Piero della Francesca (1498) and the fragmentary piece of the Circumcision of Jesus (1506), a six-man masterpiece Savinese Niccolò Soggi, Domenico Pecori, and Spanish Fernando De Coca. The latter, during the eighteenth century, was transferred to Sant'Agostino. In 1922 it was smashed and broken into five parts. the work has been restored and relocated to the church, where today is admired in all its beauty. Also on the same wall are the Madonna with Child between Sant'Agostino and Santa Monica of Bernardino Santini (1650) and an allegorical figure of the eighteenth century. To the left of the altar are the Beata Cristina Visconti (1650), still Santini and Sant'Agostino di Mattia de Mare. In the winter chapel is placed the canvas with San Giovanni da San Facondo that saves a Child of Bernardino Santini (1650). The main altar is adorned with five paintings: the Blessed Bonventura and Santa Chiara da Montefalco executed in 1660 by Salvi Castellucci, Sant'Agostino and Santa Maria Maddalena by Matteo Lappoli and in the center the Madonna of Consolation. To the right of the entrance is a Nativity (1982) of Franco's Faithful. The right wall begins with the late 15th century fine fresco, an anonymous author, with San Bernardino between San Girolamo and Sant'Ignazio of Antioch. Following two works of the last century, the statue of the Immaculate Virgin and the Sacred Heart of Jesus, then a canvas of Santini with St. Augustine between the Crucifix, Our Lady and Saints Nicola da Tolentino and William of Aquitaine (1650). Concludes another eighteenth-century allegory. To the right of the altar you can see the Blessed Egidio Colonna (1650) by Bernardino Santini and San Donato of Mattia de Mare. In the apse you can see the wooden choir carved by Ludovico Paci.