Tourist Attraction in Arezzo: Badia delle Sante Flora e Lucilla
The Blessed Virgin of Sante Flora and Lucilla is a church of Arezzo, which houses the relics of the holy martyrs Flora and Lucilla, who would have been brought to Arezzo by Bishop John in the 9th century. The construction of the church had various phases, beginning with the Gothic one at one nave of 1278. In 1315 the monastery was also rebuilt. It is dated to 1319 the painted "Cross" of Bonaventura Sign. In 1489 the cloister was designed by Giuliano da Maiano. Fifteenth century is the fresco with St. Lorenzo of Bartolomeo della Gatta, dating from 1476. The church was completely transformed to Giorgio Vasari's design from 1565. The work continued until the seventeenth century and in 1650 the bell tower was built. The church is made up of three naves composed of spans of identical magnitude, squares of the central and rectangular ones on the side. The presbytery is dominated by the monumental complex of the altar created by Giorgio Vasari for the chapel of his family in the churches of Santa Maria in 1563 transported here in 1865. Baroque art masterpiece is the fake dome painted on canvas by Andrea Pozzo in 1702 and placed above the main altar. Inside the church there is also a ciborium, probably by Benedetto da Maiano.