Tourist Attraction in Arezzo: Palazzo della Fraternita dei Laici
The Palace of the Fraternity of the Laity is a monument of Arezzo located in Piazza Grande. The palace, rented from 1786 to the Tribunal then called the Civil Wheel, had various stages of construction, starting from the Gothic (1375-1377); The second moment is the Renaissance (1433-1460), documented by the lunette of the portal with the Madonna della Misericordia by Bernardo Rossellino (1435). The crowning of the façade was realized by Giorgio Vasari in 1552; Sixteenth century is also the clock built by Felice da Fossato. The Laity Fraternity was founded in 1262 with the official name of Fraternity of Santa Maria della Misericordia, thanks to the will of a group of people directed by Dominican fathers and eager to help the poor and the sick. As a result of legacies and donations, the Fraternity has been doing great business for the city, including the payment of lodges designed by Giorgio Vasari.