Tourist Attraction in Florence: Museo Nazionale del Bargello
His collection of Renaissance statues is considered to be one of the most remarkable in the world: Michelangelo, Donatello, Ghiberti, Cellini, Giambologna, Ammannati and other important sculptors include masterpieces. With the constitution of Florence as a free commune and the creation of the figure of the captain of the people, the later Bargello Palace was built. The first nucleus, overlooking Proconsolo street, already begun in 1255, was made according to Giorgio Vasari by Lapo Tedesco, incorporating the old Palagio, the tower of the Boscoli and some houses and towers of the Badia Fiorentina, between 1340 and 1345, the building was raised by Neri di Fioravante. It was later enlarged with a new building on Via dell'Acqua between 1260 and 1980. In 1295, the portico was built between 1316 and 1320. In 1865 the National Museum was inaugurated on the ground floor. objects coming in part from the Medici armory and the other from the Palazzo Vecchio wardrobe, and a fourteenth-century sculpture room. In the first floor salon they found the sculptures from the sixteenth-century hall in Palazzo Vecchio. Subsequently by the Uffizi, both bronze and marble sculptures and applied art collections were made: majolica, wax, amber, ivory, jewelery, enamels and bronzes, some of which were transferred to the Silver Museum in 1928. Other materials came from private donations and loans, as well as from public institutions: from the State Archives the Seals and the Mint coins. Finally, as a result of the unification of Italy and the consequent suppression of monastic orders came robbiano, sculptures and sacred goldsmiths. The courtyard, built on three sides with arches on the sixth octagonal pillars, was built in the 13th century and enriched in the following century by the veronese and Gothic scale, the latter, built on the non-portico side, by Neri di Fioravanti between 1345 and 1367. With the destination at the prison of the Palace, the arches of the loggia and the veron were tapped. In the second half of the nineteenth century the courtyard was the part of the palace, which was most valued by the Mazzei restorations, the loggia and the veron were reopened and the surviving coat of arms of the podestà and the judges of the wheel were restored, under the loggias there were frescoes Gaetano Bianchi with neighborhood gonfalons and some coat of arms of the podestà. The set presents sculptures from Palazzo Vecchio and the gardens of Boboli and Castello. At the center of the courtyard there is a pretty octagonal well and here are some valuable marble statues, such as the six allegorical sculptures by Bartolomeo Ammannati (Florence, Arno, Arbia, Terra la Temperanza and Junone), l Giambologna's Ocean, some reliefs by Benedetto da Maiano and the so-called Cannon of St. Paul by Cosimo Cenni (1638).