Tourist Attraction in Turin: Chiesa della Madonna del Carmine
Chiesa della Madonna del Carmine, Carlo Emanuele King of Sardinia on May 13, 1732 (pose) the first stone of the church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Carmel The church of the Madonna del Carmine is a Catholic worship site located in the central area of Turin, via del Carmine corner away Bligny. Designed by Filippo Juvarra, it was built between 1732 and 1736. The church has one nave with three chapels on each side, with oval openings, through which the light enters the gallery windows. The chapels are separated from the central aisle by an arc headed by a frontpage surmounted by wooden statues of sculptor Stefano Maria Clemente, to whom also a beautiful baptismal font is to be mentioned. The main altar, completed in 1763, is by Benedetto Alfieri and holds a relic of Blessed Amedeo IX, donated to the Carmelites in 1739 by Carlo Emanuele III. The great icon housed in the apse represents the Madonna del Carmine and Blessed Amedeo IX of Savoy and was painted in 1755 by Carlo Beaumont. In the chapel devoted to the Immaculate Conception (the last chapel on the right), the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception with the prophet Elia, commissioned by the marquis Giuseppe Turinetti of Priero, is of the Giaquinto da Molfetta, was prepared by them in Rome and arrived in Turin July 12, 1741. That of the Madonna del Carmine is one of the brightest churches of Turin thanks to the large windows above the altars of the chapels. [No source] The end of the central nave closes in a semi-elliptical apse adorned with intercommunication stands. The bell tower stands at the sacristy and is accessed through a narrow and uncomfortable spiral staircase; Was erected in the year 1734 on a square base with wavy sides on the bell tower. Initially, in 1764, ten bells were fired in concert by Alessandro Bianco of Turin. During the French occupation, they were reduced to three; But in 1911 the parishioners offered a new concert in mib3 of six bells fused by the well-known bell tower manufacturer Giuseppe Mazzola. The organ built by Vegezzi-Bossi Carlo II, in lieu of the famous one of Uncle Carlo I, destroyed in the thrust is three keyboards and an electric transmission. The body consists of 49 registers divided between the three keyboards and the foot pedal, for a total of about 2750 rods. 12 Annulators, 39 Punches for Adjustable Combinations, 3 Brackets (Crescendo, Expression II and III) and 20 Pedal Pistons.