The Leone Museum, opened in Vercelli in 1910 at the sixteenth-century Casa Alciati and the Baroque Palazzo Langosco, houses a real machine of the time: prehistoric weapons, Egyptian tombs, Etruscan vases, medieval mosaics, porcelain, silver and antique paintings modern. Of great impact the Roman Room, with the famous Celso-Latin stele, opened in 1991 the Celtic Exhibition in Venice (Palazzo Grassi). Dedicated to notary Camillo Leone (1830-1907), the museum was born of his love for the native land, his passion for art and the will to collect and preserve the memories and testimonies of Vercellius history. In fact, since a considerable family heritage, at the age of forty years Camillo Leone could devote himself to expanding with ample means and time the vast collections of historical finds and ancient objects that he was gathering in Palazzo Langosco, his residence, and in 1907 left Inherited the Vercelli Institute of Fine Arts, of which he was an academic associate and administrator. It was Count Federico Arborio Mella, then director of the Institute, to take care of the first and somewhat brilliant preparation of the Leone Museum, so that he could proceed to his inauguration in a rapid way (1910). He subsequently entrusted the engineer Paolo Verzone with the task of restoring the old house of the noble Alciati. The restoration was carried out between 1930 and 1934, bringing to light not only the simplicity and classical elegance of the architectural structure, but also a vast cycle of frescoes of the same era that decorates the interior of nine rooms. In 1939, however, the architect Augusto Cavallari Murat designed the so-called "connecting sleeve", a third link building between the two pre-existing ones erected to host the exhibition "Vercelli and its province from Romanesque to Fascism", one of the numerous Initiatives designed to pay tribute to Mussolini's visit to Vercelli. On that occasion, a corner loggia was also built to join the southern side with the western side so that it would allow a continuous visit to the museum, totally renovated as a layout.