The Civic Museum of Crema and Cremasco is a museum of Crema, founded in 1960. It is housed in the former convent of Sant'Agostino and consists of several sections, including the archaeological, the historical and the artistic ones, consisting of objects, documents and works of art prevalently relevant to the territory of Cremacco. Headquarters of the museum, former convent of Sant'Agostino, founded in 1439 and centered around the two Renaissance style cloisters. An wing of the second cloister is occupied by the great refectory frescoed in 1507 by the painter Pietro da Cemmo. In May 1963 the inauguration took place: the museum heritage was divided into sections: historical, musical, artistic, but also cartographic, ceramics, numismatics, folklore and crafts. In addition to the figure of Edallo, the involvement of Winifred Treni De Gregory and the painter Gianetto Biondini, who cared for the artisan section, but above all the artistic one, is one of the most extensive of the museum heritage. In 1965, two new sections were inaugurated: the Garibaldi and Archaeological memorabilia, made especially rich by the discovery shortly before some longobard tombs in Offanengo. In May 2014, the new section of modern and contemporary art was inaugurated, expanded compared to the previous nucleus and dedicated to works from the 19th and 20th centuries, selected by the art critic Cesare Alpini. The following year, the Organic Art section was created, a tribute to the crematic tradition in the production of cane organs and the first Italian museum path dedicated to this theme. This section collects numerous finds of different ages: remains of animals (including deer, uri and bison) and fossils dating to the Palaeolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age and Iron objects. Rarely rich collections of late-Roman finds, thanks in particular to the archaeological excavations of Palazzo Pignano, and of the Longobard era, due to the aforementioned finds in the area of Offanengo. In the cloisters are also preserved two great late-medieval wood pirogues. The historical section collects documents, memorabilia and objects from the epochs from the late Middle Ages. Some documents testify to the political and social reality of the city of Crema under the rule of the Serenissima. An important nucleus is that of documents of 1797, the year of the fall of the Republic of Venice, of the constitution by Napoleon of the impressive Republic of Cremasca and of its subordinate annexation to the Cisalpine Republic. Some maps of the Habsburg era are ideally followed by a rich repertoire of memorabilia, documents and memorials of Risorgimento, witnesses to the presence in Crema of important personalities of the time, such as Enrico Martini and Vincenzo Toffetti and visits to the city carried out by Giuseppe Garibaldi in 1862 from Vittorio Emanuele II in 1859. Relatively to the Great War, there are significant portraits of General Fortunato Marazzi and Major of Infantry Umberto Fadini, crematic characters who played important roles in the conflict. The artistic section, mostly pictorial, collects artworks from the sixteenth century to the present. Of the centuries old, there are works by Vincenzo Civerchio, Carlo Urbino, Gian Giacomo Barbelli, Giovanni Battista Lucini, Thomas Pombioli, Thomas and Mauro Picenardi. A substantial part of the museum's collection is made up of the section of modern and contemporary art, which includes paintings and sculptures by artists from the 19th and 20th centuries such as Eugenio Giuseppe Conti, Angelo Bacchetta, Camilla Marazzi, Amos Edallo, Carlo Martini, Achille Barbaro, Carlo Fayer, Gianetto Biondini and Federico Boriani. The museum also features paintings by the castelleonese Francesco Arata and the trevigliese Trento Longaretti. Some localities are destined to a recent ethnographic set-up, the so-called "Casa cremasca"