The Teatro della Società is the oldest and most important of Lecco's theaters in Lombardy. It is isolated in one of the main squares of the historic center of the city (Piazza Garibaldi), which occupies one of the short sides. The building is behind the monument dedicated to the Hero of the two worlds. It was designed by the neoclassical architect of Lecco Giuseppe Bovara who was inspired by the scaligera lesson of Piermarini in 1835 and realized in 1843-44 by the will of Lorenzo Agliati and the other members of the nobility and the high class bourgeoisie but immediately open to all citizenship As evidenced by the addition of the company's logo for the erection of a theater, the most convenient, and the lesser expense of that class of the People, to which it will always be better to facilitate the entrance to the public performances, leaving it Not to wander in the secluded taverns. It was inaugurated with the work by Anna Bolena by Gaetano Donizetti on 23 October 1884 and throughout the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries it hosted primary prose and lyric companies. There were also first national works of Ponchielli, Petrella and Cagnoni taken from the books by Antonio Ghislanzoni, known lecchese who collaborated as a librettist in Aida by Giuseppe Verdi. Considered one of the most prestigious public places in the city, there are still prose seasons and high quality concerts of great acoustics. At present the theater is the result of a series of expansion, restoration and restoration works, among which the addition of the left side wing in Umbertino style (made in 1884 by the architect Riccardo Badoni with variants made by ' Engineer Attilio Bolla). Internally the stuccos and staircases were made by the insane Giacomo Mattarelli. Declared perishable in 1951, it threatened the abolition avoided by a committee of citizens claiming the restoration that took place in the sixties during which the coffee pot and the apse were eliminated. The restoration project completed in 1969 by architect Gianni Rigoli followed in 1979 the creation of the fresco by the Tuscan painter Orlando Sora portraying the Age of Life, which covers the vault of the hall. During the two-year period 1986-87, the municipal administration, which took full management through the offices of the cultural policy sector, commissioned repeated technical adaptation and maintenance work in 1994 1995.