Tourist Attraction in Lecco: Santuario di Nostra Signora della Vittoria
The sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory is located in Lecco, via Azzone Visconti and was erected in memory of the fallen of the Great War, conceived as a popular vote for the escaped danger; Construction work, funded by the donation of Mrs. Domenica De Dionisi, began in 1918, going on until 1932, the year of his consecration. The building is characterized by granite coatings, alternating white stone of Chiavenna val. Inside, the shrine preserves a rich artistic heritage from other sacred citizens, suppressed or unconsecrated, including the sixteenth-century image of the Madonna delle Grazie, which has been preserved in the Pre-Assisi church until then; Two Virgin and Child among the saints of the sixteenth century, coming from the churches of Acqua and Oggiono, kept in the presbytery. Instead, place them in the first and second chapels on the right, you can admire the Four Prophets, made by Gerolamo Cotica of Premana and the Crucifixion, along with four fragmentary Stories of Passion. The bell tower, completed in 1940, reaches 61 meters high and at its peak is an iron cross in the center of which is placed the precious relic of the True Cross, surrounded by parchments carrying over a thousand signatures of Lecco nationals. The only big bell in the tower makes his chimes ring every day at seven o'clock in the memory of the fallen Lecchesi fallen in all wars.