Tourist Attraction in Milan: Via Monte Napoleone (Il Quadrilatero della Moda)
Via Monte Napoleone, is a street in the center of Milan, considered one of the most luxurious areas and one of the prêt-à-porter shopping centers. Via Monte Napoleone was born following the ancient route of the Roman walls, which in turn followed the course of Seveso, which still runs as Grande Sevese tombined under the roadside on the odd side of the street. Until the eighteenth century the street is indicated in the maps of the city as the district of Sant'Andrea or the district of the bars of Sant'Andrea. With the entry of the Austrians into the city, the new administration set the new mountain of civic piety in the street, which changed name into the district of the Mount of Santa Teresa. With the arrival of French domination and the birth of the same financial institution, the street changed once again into the name of Monte Napoleone, a name that was shortened in the Mt. District with the fall of the Kingdom of Italy. With the unification of Italy and the consequent reform of the name of the streets, the road was renamed, with the present name of Via Montenapoleone.
The street in its history hosted several illustrious Milanese characters: the writer Carlo Porta, civic 1, was the house where the poet and writer Tommaso Grossi lived and died. Again in this street Giuseppe Verdi would have composed in 1840 his Nabucco. Historically, in the past, the street had the nickname of the Quartier de Riverissi, in reference to the Milanese gentleman's custom of taking off his hat in reverence, to greet a lady who had his home here. The street was the venue during the Five Days of Milan of the insurrection of the patriots against the Austrians: there was in fact the co-ordination of the town's forces in place and the orders for the whole city departed from here. Since the end of the nineteenth century, the road is increasingly characterized as a way of luxury: more and more wealthy and wealthy families move on, and at the same time open one after another other international antique dealers and jewelers. Among these is worth mentioning Annibale Cusi, with its jeweler becoming the official supplier of Casa Savoia, the Buccellati jewelers, Pharaoh and Pederzani, the Lorenzi cutlery, opened in 1929. From the fifties onwards Monte Napoleone is forced to One of the most important ways of world trade; It is packed with stores and salons of the most famous fashion names, such as Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Versace, Alberta Ferretti etc. Along with its crossroads and parallel Via della Spiga, via Sant'Andrea and Via Pietro Verri, it is the so-called Fashion Quadrilateral. It is often associated, not casually, with the rich or alleged Milanese bourgeoisie; In this way it is represented, for example, in the film of the same name by Carlo Vanzina of 1987, in which the yuppies phenomenon is represented comically. It is a landmark of the Personal Shopper as it is rich in luxurious shops and showrooms. In 2002 with the Association of the Way, the "Media" project was created, with Radio and Portal, in order to relaunch the made in Italy and all that trend in the world through Milan indisputable fashion capital. Sponsored by Fashion Adviser, Unlike Spiga Street, which is largely pedestrian zone,