Tourist Attraction in Hillerød: Frederiksborg Slot
Frederiksborg is the alternate name of the town of Hillerød (name in use until 1910, where Frederick II, king of Denmark, built a first castle as his residence). His son, Christian IV, raises almost entirely his father's home and builds that which is still today the famous Dutch style Renaissance castle, erected on some small islands of Lake Slotsø (Castle Lake) in the locality known as Hilleødsholm since the time of the Gøye family (1275), who resided there. Fortress and now is a national museum, with more than 70 open-air auditoriums, with golden ceilings, wall tapestries and many paintings. Interesting is the Riddershalen (Hall of Knights) and the Slotskirken (Crown Chapel) where they were crowned the Kings of Denmark between 1671 and 1840. The chapel of the castle contains four cane organs, one of which, world-famous, was built by Esaias Compenius in 1610 and is still today perfectly preserved and working.