Tourist Attraction in Latina: Cattedrale di San Marco
St. Mark's Cathedral is the main place of worship in Latina. The church is dedicated to Saint Mark's evangelist and is located in the homonymous square in the city center, not far from the Piazza del Popolo and the Town Hall. On June 30, 1932, the first stone of the town of Littoria was laid, later renamed Latina, The construction of the place of worship began in 1932 and ended the following year; On 18 December 1933 the church was inaugurated and consecrated. On September 30, 1986, with the decree Instantibus votis of the Congregation for Bishops and the union of seats with the union formula, the church of San Marco in Latina became the cathedral of the "new" Diocese of Latina-Terracina-Sezze-Priverno . The exterior of St. Marco's cathedral is characterized by a particular walled wall, which at the bottom sees an alternation of tufts and travertine bands. The façade is a hut and features a porch that opens on the front, with three tall, full-length arches resting on quadrangular pillars. At each of them, a portal is surmounted by a monochrome with polychrome glass. On the pediment there is a sculpture depicting the coat of arms of Pope Pius XI, while on the angular pillars there are the statues of the four evangelists. On the right of the church, in an isolated position, is the tall bell tower, also characterized by the alternation of tufa and travertine. The bell tower is square-shaped and is topped by the bell tower, inside which there are three bells and that opens on the outside with a monofora on each side. Above the bell tower there is a marble replica of the Madonnina del Duomo in Milan. The interior of Saint Mark's cathedral is a single nave with side chapels, four on each side. The nave is covered with exposed wooden trusses and is divided into four yellow marble high marshes. The chapels are covered with barrel vaults and illuminated by high monofore and high arches all over the six communicate them to each other. The fourth chapel on the right, deeper than the others, houses, beside the back wall, the marble altar dedicated to the Madonna, topped by a polychrome wood statue depicting the Virgin and Child. In the bottom wall of the central nave, opens the deep apse, side left by the tabernacle and, on the right, by the statue depicting St. Mark Evangelist by F. Nagni. The apse is home to the presbytery, raised by a few steps to the rest of the church, in the center of which is the main altar, overlaid by the Crucifix, behind which there is the bishopric chair. The back wall is decorated by a bunch of modern mosaics, by V. Cinti. The instrument is electronically powered and its console, with two keyboards and pedals, is located in the fourth chapel on the right. The exhibition of each of the two phonetic bodies is made up of main canes arranged in a single cusp with lateral wings.