The church of San Nicolò, is a religious building of Carpi, a fine example of sixteenth-century architecture. At present, the church is home to a parish and the adjacent convent is partly intended for school and partly inhabited by the community of the Friars Minor. Many friars were burial there; still today is the tombstone of one of them: the venerable Domenico Ascari lived in the fifteenth century. The Franciscan presence in Carpi has been witnessed since the 13th century on the southern and eastern part of the citadel. In 1494, upon the request of Alberto III Pio, Prince of Carpi, the construction of a new large monumental temple dedicated to Saint Nicholas took place. So the previous small church was cut off and a church of Renaissance was created, whose work and work were followed by Baldassarre Peruzzi and concluded in 1516, almost at the same time as the beginning of the construction of the cathedral. The interior consists of three aisles, the presbytery is raised and the plant is quite similar to that of the church of Santa Giustina in Padua. Outside, the mighty terracotta façade and dome are to characterize the building. Inside it is possible to admire beautiful works by Scagliola of local artists, as well as paintings by Bernardino Loschi depicting the Annunciation and San Rocco.