The Basilica of San Martino and Santa Comasia, Santa Martina and Madonna Pastorella is the church of Martina Franca, The ancient church, dating back to the early 14th century, Romanesque style, a basilica with three naves divided by two rows of columns, eight per side. The central nave had the largest gate to the west, and the apse to the east. Between 1577 and 1580, the left wing of the new chapel of the Most Holy Sacrament, of the chapel of San Vito and of the Brotherhood of the Most Holy Sacrament, was enlarged, having intercommunication entrances from the same wing. largely founded in the sixteenth century by local noble families. In 1747 the progressive slaughter of the Romanesque temple began to replace the new rococo collegium: an event in itself relevant to the achievements but at the same time damaging to the irreparable loss of a great artistic heritage. caused by the earthquake of February 20, 1743. The consecration of the new church to the patron was served on October 22, 1775 by the bishop of Venafro, Monsignor Francesco Saverio Stabile. Today's church, with a Latin cross-shaped plan, measures 52 meters for 60 for 36, and internally about 47 meters for 33 people. The total indoor area is approximately 1,117 square meters. The façade rises for about 37 meters, on a 24-foot base, occupied by the semicircular staircase of eleven steps. The lower order is modulated by six glaciers ending with Roman Roman friezes as they were capitals and has four lower niches with marble statues representing Giovanni Battista and St. Peter (on the left) and St. Paul and St. Joseph (on the right). At the center of the lower order there is the largest portal with a lintel and a broken tympanum. On the sides of the main door there are two rooms in the masonry that form two small chapels. At the top of the counterfed, there is a stained glass stained glass, by Marcello Avenali, The first chapel on the left side of the aisle dedicated to St. Jerome Emiliani. The focal point of the chapel is the Virgin's apparition to St. Jerome Emiliani, The second chapel on the left side of the nave, dedicated to the Nativity. The San Raffaele altar is the first in clockwise direction of the left-handed transept, rococo style, erected between 1764 and 1775 depicting the Archangel Raffaele and Tobiolo. The altar of Christ is the second in the clockwise direction of the left transept erected in 1775. The altar of St. Mary of Constantinople is the third of the left transept in rococo style erected by the Chapter between 1764 and 1775. depicts the Madonna and the Child crowned, wrapped in an ermine mantle held by angels emerging from clouds. The niche of Our Lady Pastorella precedes the entrance to the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament. "the Madonna Pastorella" 17th century wooden sculpture. at the entrance of the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament lies Pentecost, painted by Michelangelo Capotorto of 1769. The virgin is surrounded by the twelve apostles. In the plumes of the dome, Domenico Antonio Carella painted in tempera in 1785 the Evangelists, restored in 1844, Under the arch of the presbytery the main altar was erected in polychrome marbles, erected in 1773. The harmonious artistic design of the late rococo. On the stand there are four columns with rich ornamented capitals. The altar of Santa Comasia is the first in clockwise direction of the right arm of the rococo-style nave, erected in 1764. The wooden sculpture is a work of XVII century Lecci artists. The altar is richly decorated, presented at its center the statue of Santa Comasia which has a palm in the left hand, symbol of martyrdom, and in the right a book. In April 1998, Pope John Paul II raised him to the dignity of the Pontifical Minor Basilica. In 2002 it was declared by UNESCO as a "messenger monument of a culture of peace".