The Cathedral of St. Anastasia (in Croatian: Katedrala Sveta Stošije) is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Zadar, The origins of the church date back to a Christian basilica built in the 4th and 5th centuries, while much of the currently existing three naves building was built in Romanesque style during the XII and XIII century. The site was presented at UNESCO's list of sites for world heritage. The first bishop known to Zadar was Felix attending two religious councils, the first to Aquileia in 381 and the second to Milan in 390. The original patron was the St. Peter's. The church was extensively reconstructed in the 11th and 12th centuries, and rebuilt by Pope Alexander VII in 1177. The façade, completed in 1324, has two orders: the lowest and most massive has three portals, the central one crowned by a bas-relief of Madonna and Child with Crisogonus and Anastasia; The top culminates in a triangle, decorated with four orders of Lombard bands. The left edge of the façade is decorated with a lion statue, while the right one is decorated with a bull statue: they are symbols of the evangelists Mark and Luke. The richly decorated main portal contains a bas-relief of the four apostles. The bezel of the left portal is decorated with a statue of mystic lamb, while the consoles near the vault contain angel Gabriele and Virgin Mary's statues, the oldest of the portal. The interior has a nave and two aisles. The crypt of the twelfth century is underneath it. Above the main altar is the early Gothic ciborius of 1322, while beyond it is a stone seat made for the archbishop. On the north wall of the marble altar there are images of St. Dominic and Sacred Heart. The altar was transferred from the church of the same name. The second altar is dedicated to the souls of the Purgatory and was built by Venetian carpenter Peter Onega in 1805. At the end of the nave is a marble altar with marble panels depicting the Sacred Heart while the apse houses a marble sarcophagus with the relics of Santa Anastasia. The southern aisle houses a marble altar used to preserve relics. Next to it is the altar of sacrament, the work of the sculptor A. Viviani of the year 1718. The altar has rich decorations with columns and statues. Above the tabernacle is the statue of Madonna with the dead Christ lying in his lap, with statues of Moses and Elijah on the sides. On the wings of the altar there are larger statues of the four evangelists and under them virtues and, on their own, a figurine of the Lamb of God. The church has a hexagonal baptism dating back to the 6th century, located on the side south of the cathedral. The original baptistery was destroyed in Zadar's bombing of December 16, 1943 and was restored in 1989. The walls and apse of the sacristy, also known as the Chapel of St. Barbara, belong to the oldest parts of the Cathedral, along with the mosaic on the floor depicting two deer. The art museum of the church hosts the Zodiac polyptych, a first work of Venetian painter Vittore Carpaccio. The bell tower was built in two phases. The ground floor and the first floor were built in 1452 during the reign of Archbishop Vallaresso, while the upper floors dated from 1890 to 1894 were designed by the British architect and historical art Thomas Graham Jackson. The three upper floors, with four sides, are decorated with double-sided windows. A flat wall surface is stylized with a floral mosaic, while crowns separating the floors are highlighted with a frond. At the top is an octagonal pyramid with a brass statue of an angel rotating in the direction of the wind.