The Hungarian National Museum is located in Budapest, and is the richest source of art and artefacts related to the history of the country. Founded in 1802, the museum owes its existence to Count Ferenc Széchenyi, who offered his collection of coins, books and documents to the nation. The expanding collection of art and documents is displayed in a neoclassical building built by Mihaly Pollack. On the first floor there is the coat of coronation and archaeological exposition. The second floor houses the Hungarian artifacts from the XI to the XX century. In the basement you can visit the Roman lapidarium. The gardens of the Hungarian National Museum were the site of a significant event in Hungary's history. It was from these gardens that in 1848 the poet Sándor Petofi read for the first time the poem, then became a national anthem, which triggered the revolution against the Hapsburg government. The episode is commemorated every March 15, when the museum is bombarded with national colors and a historic reconstruction of the event is performed. The objects in the vast collection of the museum, artwork, historical documents and photographs illustrate this and other events of the rich Hungarian past. Built between 1837 and 1847 on Mihaly Pollack's design, this neoclassical building is one of the best architectural examples of the time. The facade is preceded by a monumental porch, surmounted by a tympanum, by Raffaele Ponti. The gardens around the museum are embellished by numerous statues of important characters in the history of literature, science and art. A monument in honor of the poet János Arany, author of Toldi's epic trilogy, is located in front of the main entrance. It is a work by Alajos Stróbl, made of limestone and bronze dating back to 1893. The interiors feature majestic paintings by Mor Than and Karoly Lotz in the main staircase. One of the most important Hungarian treasures is the coat of coronation, exhibited separately in a museum hall. Fabric in Byzantine Sena, originally donated to the Church by Santo Stefano in 1031. The long dress was restored in the 13th century. Today, partly faded, still shows a finely embroidered design with gold threads and pearls. Royal insignia, including a scepter and a gold crown, were found by American forces during World War II and were preserved at Fort Knox before being returned to Hungary in 1978. In 2000, real insignia was transferred to the Room of the dome of Parliament, where they can be admired. The archaeological exhibition was opened in 2002 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the foundation of the museum. It delineates Hungarian history between 400 BC and 800 AD, from early settlements to the end of the high-medieval period. The exhibition begins with the material of the Árpád era and shows one of the most precious objects of the museum, the Constantine XI crown decorated with enamel. In this section you will find the funeral decorations of Béla III, sacred Romanesque vases, weapons and coins. There are portraits of portraits of Albrecht Dürer's Sigismund king and a sumptuously decorated ceremonial saddle. A special hall is consecrated to the Transylvanian Duchy and the important historical role it played. Here are exposed jewels and gold-plated jewels, 17th-century dresses and original ceramics produced by Haban's people, who settled in the Duchy at that time. This last section ends in 1686, at the time of the liberation of Buddha by the Christian army after Turkish occupation. In this part of the museum are also portraits of the illustrious Hungarians of the time and an interesting display of jewels of the seventeenth century.