Tourist Attraction in Budapest: Magyar Nemzeti Galéria
The Hungarian National Gallery is a Hungarian museum located in Budapest. It was founded in 1957. The four-storey gallery occupies the three main areas of the Royal Palace of Buda. It has been here since 1975, when it was transferred from the former Palace of Justice. The collection in the B - C and D buildings of the Palace of the Buda Castle preserves about one hundred objects, among the most important works of Hungarian art, from the Middle Ages to the present. On the ground floor is the "Lapidarium", a collection of stone artifacts (sculptures and architectural fragments) discovered during the reconstruction of the Royal Palace. The most valuable work is a sculpted red marble head depicting King Béla III, dating back to the 13th century. In this first section there are also two bas-reliefs representing King Mattia Corvino with his wife Beatrice d'Aragona, works by an unknown master of the Lombard Renaissance. The museum has a wonderful collection of late-nightgowns. Many of the baroque art works of the museum belonged to Prince Miklos Esterhazy. In the National Gallery there is also the portrait of Francis II Rákóczi, the work of Adam Manyoki, a sober representation of the Hungarian national hero who prefigures a true style that will be asserted in the nineteenth century. The collection of nineteenth-century artists is very rich. Please note the section dedicated to the most well-known Hungarian painter Mihaly Munkacsy and the father of Hungarian Impressionism Pál Merse Szinyei. In the museum are also exhibited works by Tivadar Kosztka Csontváry, who remained outside of any artistic convention. Medieval and Renaissance Gothic Quarter, Gothic Gothic Sculptures and paintings painted on wood. Tardogothic altar poles, Renaissance and Baroque art, 19th century Hungarian painting and sculpture, Mihály Munkácsy and László Paál painting, 20th century Hungarian painting and sculpture. The applied art museum in Budapest is housed in a style palace Art Nouveau designed by Gyula Pártos and Odon Lechner. The museum was opened in 1896 by Emperor Francesco Giuseppe for the Millennium celebrations. The exterior features oriental and ceramic elements Zsolnay, characteristic of Lechner's work. Damaged in 1945 and 1956, only recently the building has recovered its original beauty. The collection, founded in 1872, collects many examples of art and objects of remarkable importance. The museum houses various temporary exhibitions on both floors of the building. Larger ones tend to change every year, while smaller, domestic and foreign, every month. Among recent exhibitions, the most successful ones are one on glass and one on time and watches. The library, dating from 1872, is located on the first floor and contains over 50,000 volumes.