Saint Paul is one of the two Anglican cathedrals of London. Mother Church of the Anglican diocese of London, the imposing building is considered the masterpiece of architect Christopher Wren. It is the second largest religious building in Britain after the Liverpool cathedral. There were no previous classics in England, except for Inigo Jones's work. This is why we need to open a small parenthesis to understand what was the influence of our architect since it was Jones who at the beginning of the seventeenth century, in a Nordic environment, still for half the gothic, imported Italian classicism, leading to subtle mature architecture of the English Renaissance. It was built in late Roman Roman wood, probably by Mellitus or by another Augustiano missionary. It was rebuilt in 604 in Ludgate Hill, where it is currently located. The location of the church was located in the west of the Roman Empire and in the east of Lundenwic. Tradition claims that under the cathedral there were megaliths or some of the stones in circles, in Roman times a temple was built for goddess Diana, opposed to that of god Apollo under Westminster; Wren never took this into account when designing. The new church was rebuilt in stone in 685 by the King or by San Sebbi of Essex. sacked by vikings in 961, The third cathedral was always rebuilt in stone, the year after the plunder. The rebuilder was King Etelredo the Disapproved. The fourth church, known by the name of Old Sao Paulo, was started by the Normans after the fire of 1087. The work continued for over 200 years with a fire in 1136 that destroyed some of the works. The church was consecrated in 1240, but the celebrations began only in 1256. The work ended in 1314 and was consecrated definitively in 1300. During the sixteenth century the building fell under Henry VIII and Edward VI, the abolition of the monasteries caused the destruction of the interiors of the cathedral: crypts, chapels, choir spaces, shrines and all that inside the church. Many of the religious vestments were confiscated and sold by the Crown. The faithful were gathered in the northeast corner of the churchyard where he was preaching and called "the Cross of Saint Paul." It was in this place in 1549 that a radical Protestant preacher began to urge people to destroy the interior decorations of the cathedral. In 1561 the spire was destroyed by lightning and it was decided not to rebuild it; this event was interpreted by Protestants and Catholics as a sign of God's sorrow for the actions of the various factions. The cathedral was completed on October 20, 1708, the day when Sir Christopher Wren was 76 years old. On a Thursday, December 2, 1697, after 32 years and 3 months, an outbreak born in a bakery brought London back to the flames. The event was used to open the gates of the cathedral. The next Sunday there was an immense crowd waiting to enter the cathedral. The ceremony was attended by King William III and London bishop Henry Compton. The Reverend recited Psalm 122: We enter the Lord's house. The crowd was divided between those who loved him and who hated him, even though most people were amazed and astonished by the great work. The dome, which is actually a "false dome", was inspired by the Basilica of Saint Peter in Rome regarding the complexity of the project; while the language seems to look at the temple of St. Peter in Montorio di Bramante and also at the Church of the Val-de-Grâce in Paris. The cross on the top reaches 108 meters high, giving it a height record of London. Wren designed a large dome, formed by three superimposed domes.