The Bern Cathedral (in German Berner Münster), already dedicated to Saint Vincent of Zaragoza, is the most important reformed Gospel church building in the city of Bern. The building was designed by Matthäus Ensinger and started in 1421. It replaced the former medieval building and was dedicated to Saint Vincenzo of Zaragoza, but following the historical developments of the canton of Bern, the church was later converted to Protestantism. In the first half of the sixteenth century, as it often happened to the Gothic cathedrals at that time, the construction of the building was suspended, so the remarkably incomplete tower of Münster would have been the center of the city for centuries. In the time of neo-Gothic architecture, in the second half of the nineteenth century, a plan was completed which ended with the completion of the work for the bell tower (1893). It is a three-nave basilica whose bell tower covers more or less the entire width of the building. A real transept is missing. With its hundred meters in height, the Münster of Bern is today the highest church in Switzerland. One of the most impressive parts is the largest portal, which is characterized by a representation of the Universal Judgment in the form of statues carved in sandstone, the most important work of the sculptor Erhart Küng from 1420 to 1507. The urban planning situation of the cathedral is characterized by proximity of the river Aare, a watercourse from the highly sunken path that runs through the center of the capital with its sinuous progress. From the park on the platform at the chorus of the church (Münsterplattform), an elevator allows visitors to descend in the direction of the river. On the countertoping cantor is the cane organ of the church, built in 1726 and restored several times. The current (2012) four-key conformation of 61 notes each and the concave-radial pedal of 32 purchased it after the restorations of 1998-1999. Mixed transmission.