The Romanian National Art Museum is located in the former Royal Palace in the Revolution Square in Bucharest. There are important collections of medieval and modern art, both of Romanian and international artists, these once collected by the Romanian royal family. The palace dates back to 1937. The museum was damaged during the 1989 revolution, reopening only in 2000. The medieval part, with works from monasteries and religious institutions suppressed or destroyed during the Ceauşescu era, was reopened only in 2002. The Modern Romanian art collection includes works by sculptors like Constantin Brancusi and Dimitrie Paciurea, or painters such as Theodor Aman, Nicolae Grigorescu, Theodor Pallady, Gheorghe Petrascu and Gheorghe Tattarescu. The international collection boasts works by Domenico Veneziano (Madonna del Roseto), Antonello da Messina, El Greco, Tintoretto, Jan Brueghel the Elder, Peter Paul Rubens and Rembrandt, as well as some important examples of Impressionism, including works by Claude Monet and Alfred Sisley. Among the most famous works of the collection are the portrait of the singer Farinelli by Jacopo Amigoni or the Christ at the column of Alonso Cano. Two halls are used for temporary exhibitions. In this place, the Dinicu Golescu logo from 1777 to 1830, a Romanian Romanian intellectual, intellectual and enlightened, built a neoclassical building between 1812 and 1815. The building consisted of a ground floor and a first floor, with a total of 24 rooms, an impressive number, for Bucharest of the time. Soon it became a large living room to be the intellectual center of the city. In 1833, a few years after his death, he was transferred to the state. It was reworked several times and in 1837 it was used as a princely court for Alessandro Ghica Voda. From 1859 to 1866 the building was the home of the sovereign of the United States, Alessandro Giovanni Cuza. From May 10, 1866, it became the residence of Prince Charles I. Following the independence from the Ottoman Empire of 1878, the princes of Romania became King as early as 1881. He then reopened the palace, now real, expanded to the project of French architect Paul Gottereau. However, the 1927 fire destroyed the central body, so that between 1935 and 1936 was demolished. The palace was rebuilt with variants by architect Nicholas Nenciulescu. The construction of the new U-shaped building with a patio was completed in 1937. The palace has two entrances: one on the left, used by the king and its guests leading into an octagonal corridor, decorated in a neo-Byzantine style , where guests enter the formal hall, a large square and a central square. King Charles II possessed several properties near the palace, including the house where he lived in the thirties with Elena Lupescu and her son, the hereditary prince Michele. On September 6, 1940, in the Hall of the Throne took place the ceremony of the oath of King Michele, in the presence of General Ion Antonescu, of the Patriarch, and of the President of the Court of Cassation. On August 23, 1944, a conversation was held between the king and dictator Ion Antonescu, who, allied with the Germans, in a coup attempt, stopped the chairman of the Council of Ministers and replaced him with General Sanatescu. The reaction of the authorities did not wait, the royal guard and the mission guards arrested General Antonescu, without stirring up suspicions against the Germans. Nazi Germany's response was quick and painful: the Royal Palace and the new home were bombarded. As the palace suffered significant damage, the new house was completely destroyed. After the release of Romania by Soviet troops and frantic renovations both of the throne room and some of the halls of the Royal Palace.