Tourist Attraction in Edinburgh: Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
The Dean Gallery is an art gallery in Edinburgh and is part of the National Galleries of Scotland, in particular the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. It was inaugurated in 1999 and is located in front of the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art which is associated with it. In 2011, the two buildings were renamed respectively "Modern Art Two" and "Modern Art One" respectively. The palace was originally an orphanage, designed in 1830 by Scottish architect Thomas Hamilton. The structure of the structure in the gallery was designed by architect Terry Farrell. Since its inauguration, it hosted the Lascito Paolozzi, a collection of works by the Italian-Scottish artist Sir Eduardo Paolozzi, who donated to the Modern Art Gallery in 1994. It also hosts a large collection of Dadaist and Surrealist art and literature. The Gallery is often used for temporary exhibitions. A selection of works appears on the official website.