The Bellevue Palace or Bellevue Castle; is the official residence of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany and is located in Berlin, in the Tiergarten district, in the park of the same name. The name comes from the panorama that you enjoy on the Sprea. The palace was completed in 1786 for Frederick II's younger brother of Prussia, designed by architect Philipp Daniel Boumann as a summer residence. The project also included parts of a pre-existing building. It is the first neoclassical building built in Germany and consists of a central structure with 19 windows orders, with two side wings called respectively Damenflugel (Ladies wing) and Spreeflugel (Sprea wing). The central body of the castle is on the Corinthian columns. Severely damaged during the last war, the castle was carefully restored to its original splendor. The castle was first used as a summer residence by Prince Ferdinand until his death in 1813. Subsequently the castle was used by his son, until in 1844 the building was discovered by Federico Guglielmo IV of Prussia. The latter organized a permanent exhibition of paintings in a wing of the castle. During the First World War the building was used by the military command of the time. From 1935 onwards, however, it was transformed into an ethnographic museum. In 1938 it was rebuilt, on the design of architect Paul Baumgarten, to become a hotel for guests of the Nazi regime. Severely damaged by an incendiary bomb in 1941, after the end of the war, he underwent careful restoration, in order to become the second official seat of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. After the reunification of Germany, the castle was restored and subsequently became the official residence of the German president.