The Teatro Giovanni Battista Pergolesi of Jesi is the historic theater of the city. The "Teatro del Leone", built by the painter and architect Jessel Domenico Valeri in the peripheral area between 1728 and 1732, had "U" plant with three orders of stage for a total of 62. The construction of the then Concordia Theater was begun in 1790 as a replacement for the old Leo Theater (1731), now no longer suited to the requirements of the age, by the desire of the condominium company made up of 54 noble Jesini with the support of the Pontifical Governor Msgr. D. Peter Gravina of the Great of Spain. The original project was entrusted to architect Francesco Maria Ciaraffoni by architect Francesco Maria Ciaraffoni, but was widely revised by the architect Cosimo Morelli, one of the most renowned specialists of the time in theatrical design. Morelli offered to enlarge the plant and the boccascena and gave the definition of the large elliptical curve of the room, which depends on its excellent acoustics. He also looks at the design of the façade by creating a tall rigid base with an arc-shaped pattern with planks of upper planks. The interior decoration was entrusted to two famous neoclassical artists: the architect Giovanni Antonio Antolini (author of the project of "Foro Bonaparte" in Milan, never realized), to whom he had the scenic-design design of the theater, and the painter Felice Giani, who together with the orator Gaetano Bertolani painted the "Apollo Stories" on the vault of the hall. The theater was inaugurated in the carnival of 1798, not in the presence of the noble lenders of the people and the Jacobins, who in the meantime invaded the city following the Napoleonic victory and the Treaty of Campoformio. Three operas were featured on this occasion, two of Marcos António Portugal's Prince Sweater and "The Confusions of Similarity or Two Hobbies" and the third "Vicious Martyr and Soler" The Correct Vicarage. After that, the bandage overlaid the cornice and centered on the stone clock with the eagle's eagle and two cornucopia donated by Massimiliano of Beauharnais in 1839, following the warm welcome received the year before during his visit to Jesi. In 1856, the jesus Luigi Mancini painted the historic curtain with "the entrance of Frederick II to Jesi", where the great emperor of Switzerland was born in 1194. In 1883 the theater lost its name to Concordia Theater to take the final "Giovanni Battista Pergolesi", in honor of the famous composer born in the same Jesi in 1710. Since 1929 the theater has become the property of the Commune. In 1930 the watchmaker Edoardo Marconi of Montecarotto. rebuilds from a pre-existing mechanism of the theater clock. Currently, the old manual mechanical equipment, dismantled from its original seat and restored in 2006, is on display in the foyer of the theater. In 1934 he went on stage with the barber of Seville (Rossini) with Mercedes Capsir and Giovanni Manurita, directed by Riccardo Zandonai and in 1942 Rigoletto with Gino Bechi. In 1947 the theater reopened, hosting famous artists such as Benvenuto Franci in André Chénier (opera), Clara Petrella and Bruno Landi in Manon (Massenet), in 1949, Mafalda Favero and Aldo Protti in La bohème in 1953 young Renata Scotto, who faced for the first time one of her battle horses, Madama Butterfly. In 1960 she went on stage The friar 's beloved for the direction of Franco Zeffirelli, from the Teatro alla Scala of Milan, who in 1968 brought to Jesi his dance body for a performance with Carla Fracci. 1968 thanks to the interest of the artistic director Carlo Perucci, he was awarded the "Theater of Tradition".