Palazzo Pianetti is an ancient noble palace in the city of Jesi, the home of the Civic Art Gallery. It was the ancient township of Marchesi Pianetti, a prestigious family of jesus aristocracy since 1659 and the only example in Rococo Italian style.The palace was built in the area called "Terravecchia", outside the city walls, where the noble town families settled between 600 and 700. The Marchese Cardolo Maria Pianetti, formerly architect of Charles VI of Habsburg, designed a project for the construction of the new family residence in an echoing taste of the Austrian style. The definitive project was entrusted to the painter and architect jesino Domenico Valeri, who started the construction from 1748. The building is made up of a central body that overlooks an Italian garden surrounded by terraced walls. The main facade opens with its hundred windows, inspired by the facade of Palazzo Aldovrandi of Bologna, already by its master. The façade on the garden is due to Venetian architect Antonio Croatto. the building is spread over two floors plus mezzanine. The ground floor, accessed by a porch-lined atrium, and overlooking the garden, the First Floor, known as the Noble Floor, was the one of representation, the Second was occupied by the apartments of the daily life of the family, and today constitutes the central core of the Civic Library. The Gallery, made in the inner facade of the Palace, occupies all its length. Through a play of stairs and terraces it is connected directly to the garden on which it looks, this route was the most impressive attraction of the residences and noble performances of the residence. With its total length of 76 meters it is the longest eighteenth-century tunnel in Italy after that of Diana of the Royal Venaria Reale. The Gallery, the only example analogous to all of Italy, is a true symbolic and allegory forest that, through a stupefaction of stucco and rococo pastel colors, according to a matrix taste develops the theme of the adventure of man in time and space. On the walls and in the vault is depicted the Flowing Time, the Months, the Zodiacal Signs, the Four Seasons; the cycle of the Primary Elements of Nature, Earth, Water, Air, Fire; the Four Continents then known, Europe, Africa, Asia, America. A true exaggeration of the "Rococo" whim made between 1767 and 1770, by the stuccoer and painter Giuseppe Tamanti, to whom Giuseppe Simbeni and Andrea Mercoli joined. The Rooms of Aeneas are arranged in succession to each other forming a "escape" of six rooms. They develop between the Stucco Gallery and the main prospect of the building, overlooked. They are named after the myth of Aeneas depicted in the ceilings. The paintings were carried out in tempera between 1781 and 1786 by the Urbino Carlo Paolucci and by the Pescatore Placido Lazzarini, inspired by the engravings of an Eneide manuscript. The theme of the six rooms begins with Exedra. The first is represented by the "Legends Troiane", The Civic Picture Gallery and Jesi Contemporary Art Gallery, housed in the elegant palace, preserves among the greatest works the paintings performed by Lorenzo Lotto for churches and town confraternities. The Lottesque nucleus is composed of works of primary importance for Renaissance Italian art: from Deposition, to works of maturity, such as the Pala di San Francesco al Monte and the monumental Santa Lucia in front of the judge (1532). Also important for the reconstruction of the artistic path of the cities are the table of Nicola di Maestro Antonio d'Ancona, works by Giuliano Presutti, by Pietro Paolo Agabiti of Pomarancio. The narrative rhythm is continuous and in line with the symbolic depictions on the path of human civilization through the Time and Space of the gallery.