Tourist Attraction in Iesi: Teatro Studio Valeria Moriconi
The studio theater Valeria Moriconi is the second theater of the city of Jesi. The studio theater inaugurated in May 2002 is located in the premises of the former church which, since the 12th century, was dedicated to St. Florian, and are part of the city. Inside it was held the most important public ceremonies including, on May 4 each year, the presentation of the Palio by the Castles of Jesi as a sign of submission to the city. Inside there were some works by the painter Lorenzo Lotto: the Deposition of 1512, the Triptych of the Annunciation of 1527 and the Pala of Santa Lucia of 1532, now kept in the civic gallery. Compared to the original structure, in 1743 the church went into profound changes that gave it the central plant shape, with a large oval-shaped dome, a deep apse emicicla and two main chapels with a full turn. The frescoes of the dome, depicting Stories of St. Francis, are the work of the Jesuit painter Luigi Mancini. The church was devoted after 1860 and became the seat of the library and municipal gallery. Late Baroque decorations create a kind of permanent scenery. The design of the new studio design studio was entrusted to the Milanese architect Italo Rota. On November 15, 2005, the studio theater was dedicated to the disappearing actress jesina Valeria Moriconi.